Single Payer: Health Care Freedom for Everyone.
- Universal Primary Care Bills Introduced in Vermont! Click here to read details. And click here for a summary of the official study results.
- Heath Care Reform Office video's. Video 1: "Same Job, Same Salary, Vastly Different Health Care Cost. Video 2: The Health Care Tax.
- Compare health care prices in the United States and other industrialized countries
- Single payer as a boost to business
- Read about A Decade of Activism and the history of Vermont's single payer movement in Vermont Life Magazine and Solutions Journal
- Read what Canadian business people think about a single payer system.
Download our leaflet on the universal primary care bill here. Please help spread the word!
Follow our progress toward a publically financed, universal health care system. Stay informed about upcoming events. Learn how you can help keep Vermont moving toward coverage of every resident. Click "Take action now!" button to stay involved.
Write A Letter To The Editor
Our goal is to have at least one letter supporting Single Payer in each paper every week. The letter to the editor section is one of the most highly read parts of the paper. We’ve made it really easy for you to write a letter including providing some important facts and the address to send it to. Click here to write a letter to your paper today. Click here to read what other Vermonters are writing about Single Payer. Click here to read answers to the latest myths about single payer!
Vermont Voices & Opinions
- January 21, 2016
Obamacare Not the Answer
- January 20, 2016
Galling Reasons for Giving Up
- January 19, 2016
Single Payer is the Way To Go
See all »
- January 10, 2016
Primary Care for All
- August 05, 2015
Health insurers prey upon those in need
- July 30, 2015
Our Opinion: Health care should be a birthright
- July 01, 2015
Opinion: Need more than Obamacare ruling
See all »
- Obstacle #1 to health care for all Vermonters: FUD
- A single-payer healthcare system? I'm all for it!
- Stick with Act 48; no contingency plans needed
- A Tale of Four Countries—and the Lessons They Provide for Vermont Health Care Reform
See all »
On the Road to Single Payer
[Click here to access full report and appendices]
What Does Act 48 Do?
MYTH BUSTERS! answers to common myths about single payer coming to Vermont.
Read Professor Hsiao's article on lessons from Vermont
Statement of Principles
We support a universal health care system for the State of Vermont, one that includes all Vermonters, offers free choice of providers, is progressively financed, decoupled from employment, affordable for all, and pays for all necessary care out of public funds; a system which retains the private delivery of health care and has a publicly accountable budget process to ensure adequate capacity to meet the health care needs of all Vermonters.