Single Payer: Health Care Freedom for Everyone.
- Heath Care Reform Office video's. Video 1: "Same Job, Same Salary, Vastly Different Health Care Cost. Video 2: The Health Care Tax.
- Vermont Unions and Consumer Groups Urge Legislature and Governor, "Move Forward on Green Mountain Care!"
- Read about consequences of medical debt on families-- even those with insurance
- Compare health care prices in the United States and other industrialized countries
- Single payer as a boost to business
- Vermont single payer NOT a Medicare threat!
- Read about A Decade of Activism and the history of Vermont's single payer movement in Vermont Life Magazine and Solutions Journal
- Read what Canadian business people think about a single payer system.
- DOCTORS pledge to move to Vermont if it creates single payer system
Sign the "Stick with Act 48" Petition
Your signature will show elected officials that Vermonters support the move to Green Mountain Care, which would guarantee every Vermonter access to health care as a publicly financed good.
Write A Letter To The Editor
Our goal is to have at least one letter supporting Single Payer in each paper every week. The letter to the editor section is one of the most highly read parts of the paper. We’ve made it really easy for you to write a letter including providing some important facts and the address to send it to. Click here to write a letter to your paper today. Click here to read what other Vermonters are writing about Single Payer. Click here to read answers to the latest myths about single payer!
Vermont Voices & Opinions
- December 17, 2014
Scare tactics on health care
- December 05, 2014
Now is not time to falter
- December 04, 2014
What he really said
See all »
- December 16, 2014
Time for single-payer re-education
- December 14, 2014
Balanced plan for health care
- December 10, 2014
MAIN STREET ALLIANCE: YES TO A BALANCED PLAN FOR UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE
- December 07, 2014
The crucial test
See all »
- Obstacle #1 to health care for all Vermonters: FUD
- A single-payer healthcare system? I'm all for it!
- Stick with Act 48; no contingency plans needed
- A Tale of Four Countries—and the Lessons They Provide for Vermont Health Care Reform
See all »
On the Road to Single Payer
See this one minute video on the inequities of our current health care financing system!
What Does Act 48 Do?
MYTH BUSTERS! Answers to common myths about single payer coming to Vermont.
Read Professor Hsiao's article on lessons from Vermont
UMASS Report Details Savings for Vermont
Statement of Principles
We support a universal health care system for the State of Vermont, one that includes all Vermonters, offers free choice of providers, is progressively financed, decoupled from employment, affordable for all, and pays for all necessary care out of public funds; a system which retains the private delivery of health care and has a publicly accountable budget process to ensure adequate capacity to meet the health care needs of all Vermonters.